Is there actually a best time to post on social media? Yes there is but it varies according to the site used, the target audience and different time zones. Let us discuss below a few points that will help you clarify on this issue and give you solutions regarding the same.
Algorithms VS Time of the Day
The social media analyses and updates the most relevant update of the hour according to the engagement, timelines, & other factors. They post it according to the people that are logged in at that hour, which does not say that your target audience will not be able o see your update.
Let us take a closer look at the social media algorithms of Facebook, Instagram, LinkedIn, and Twitter.
According to the new algorithm updated in 2018, signals are used according to the audience, and their feeds. For example: to what kind of news feed or posts the audience is reacting to, or conversational and interactive posts that the audience might prefer will be shown higher amongst the other posts.
- More posts from family and friends will be updated and less public or brand content.
- Pages with content or matter that will prompt conversations between friends or relatives will be higher on posts.
- People can update their newsfeed according to their choice and they will be able to see more of their favourite brands posts.
- Live video becomes a hit especially if your target audience is logged in.
The Best Time to Post is
- 1 p.m.
- 3 p.m.
- 9 a.m.
Instagram’s new algorithm is chronological. Insta always updates only those posts that are relevant to the particular user, but the timings have become quite a significant factor.
- Content that the user is interested in
- Dates of the posts are mentioned.
- Posting conversations with friends
- Instagram also rewards posts, which are replied soon based on your interactions and rewarded for the use of right hash tags.
The Best Time to Post is
- 8 a.m. to 9 a.m, 2 a.m., 5 p.m.
It is based on many factors dividing into 3 main categories.
- Identity: Who are you? Where do you work? What are your skills, & what are you connected with?
- Content: How many times was the updated viewed or liked? What is the update about and how old it is?, What language is used?, what companies, people or topics are mentioned in it?
- Behaviour: What posts have you liked and shared previously? Who do you interact with frequently and where do you spend most of your times in News feed?.
The Best Time to Post in LinkedIn:
- 10 a.m. to 11 a.m, 7:30 p.m. to 8:30 a.m, 12 p.m, and 5 p.m. to 6 p.m.
To get the most click through
- 5 p.m. to 6 p.m, 7 p.m to 8 p.m, 12 p.m
Twitter timeline are updated in reverse chronological order. The new tweets are posted on the top and then older tweets. The user can flip the settings and choose to update the tweets they like to be on the top. As in, more relevant or interested tweets will show first on your timeline. So time matters when it comes to twitter.
The best time to tweet:
- Wednesday between 5 p.m. to 6 p.m.
- Monday to Friday between12 p.m. to 3 p.m. and 5 p.m.
- When posting general tweet, click through
- 3:00 pm, between 5 p.m. to 6 p.m.
All industries have different types of audiences with different lifestyles and social habits. Therefore, the best time would be according to the goals of the brand, like generating leads or selling products.
When thinking about the best time to post, there are many Factors including:
- The target is demographic.
- The industry
- What is your purpose for using social media
Taking all of these factors into consideration along with the timing for managing your social media posting will give you best results.