When it comes to eCommerce, your content does the selling for you. Whether you have a website or sell via an eCommerce platform, attractive product descriptions are essential in making your online business successful. But, how do you write attractive product descriptions?
Given below is a list of things that you should keep in mind before and while writing your product descriptions-
- Write with SEO in mind- Product description serves as a powerful means of SEO. With a little research before writing, you can find the most popular search queries that users enter when they look for your products. These search queries can serve as your keywords and significantly increase your visibility, and traffic to your store.
- Make a layout- The first step is to make a layout of the things you want to be included in the description. This generally includes the answers to the following questions-
- What is the product?
- Who can use it?
- How to use it?
- What are its features and benefits?
- Why should people buy it?
Once you find the answers to these questions, you can start writing an attractive product description.
- Keep it real- It is important that you write accurate and authentic product descriptions. Otherwise, there might be a momentary rise in sales, but your reputation would suffer grave consequences. Keep your product descriptions 100% real and accurate.
- Keep it simple- Keep the tone of the product description informative. Use normal language and avoid using heavy words or over-stuffing the description with adjectives. With a few powerful words here and there, you can engage the customers and persuade them to buy the product.
- Make it easy to scan- There are many customers that do not go through the whole description of a product. Therefore, make your description well-divided into parts that would answer different doubts of the customers.
- Proofread-It is important that the descriptions you upload are free of errors. Incorrect information and language are one of the major reasons that potential customers decide against buying the products from the seller.
It is not in the skill-set of sellers to come up with engaging content. That is why many sellers go for product description writing services offered by eCommerce services providers. Even though they cost a few bucks, professional product description writing services give a high return on investment as good content promotes sales and credibility.